Sunday, December 14, 2008

Our Zine Blog

This blog is the result of a conversation I had last night with my friend, John Harris. We were consoling each other over our lives of poverty and how was I, for instance, going to pay my rent after this month, etc., when we had a Moment of Clarity:

We'll publish a zine! Sell it to the masses! Become instantly wealthy!

It sounded much better last night, believe me.

In the light of day, I realize this will earn us basically squat. And be a ton of work. And likely distract us from earning real pay-the-bills money.

Still, we know it can be done, even if it never earns a dime beyond coffee money. Or never earns a dime, period. That's because we both can write / draw / photograph and we both know others who can do the same and might, just maybe might also contribute if we ask politely and beseechingly.

And, while we have no money, we do have resources, which I will list soon in its own post.

Also going into its own post will be a request for title suggestions, as well as thoughts about what to include in the Zine.


No comments:

Post a Comment